Download our school calendar here.
Parents play an important role in the education of their child at Del Mar Montessori School. Parents are encouraged to read all books on the Suggested Reading List to understand and facilitate their child’s journey at school. The most important thing a parent can do for their child is trust their Montessori Guide in encouraging the best path of development for her student.
Parents are needed to help drive on outings and to share their field of study or expertise. In the past these have included sewing, knitting, photography, making books, the brain, recipes, cooking skills or just sitting down to talk or read to the children.
Suggested Parent Reading List
- The Science behind the Genius by Angeline S. Lillard, PhD
- Children of the Universe by Michael and D’Neil Duffy
- The Last Child In the Woods by Richard Louv
- Non-Violent Communication by Marshall Rosenberg
- Children Who are not yet Peaceful by Donna Bryant Goertz
- How to Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori Way by Tim Seldin
All books are available in the School Library